Saturday, May 9, 2009

Old Navy logo recreation

Our duty as a class was to collectively select a logo we didn't necessary find appealing, and to then recreate that logo. The logo we chose was Old Navy.

Here's a couple of the preliminary logos I came up with:


My finalized logo:

I think the reason I redesigned the logo in such a manner is because I have always thought of their line of clothing and advertising schemes as retro. So I incorporated the basic shape and the color scheme you see. now that I look back at it, it's probably a little hard to read and recognize right away, but I don't think it's a bad visual overall, and somewhat of a friendly logo.

That wasn't the end of the project. With our finalized logo, we then had to incorporate it with a print advertisement, using our own unique text. I created the text 'Make a closet deposit' - as in come to Old Navy and buy our clothes to fill your closet, but in a more trendy way of saying it. (Design created: 2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment