Saturday, May 9, 2009

The face behind the waterfall

This was one of my favorite creations. Two separate photos created to become one. A gigantic Mt. Rainier waterfall used in conjunction with my own tormented face. My face was applied to a layer above the waterfall picture, and then a simple opacity reduction was applied, so the two separate features would blend. And blend they did. I think this picture worked out so beautifully and easily, and I think that's why it's one of my favorites I've ever done. Everyone feels enormous frustration at times, or wants to cry out with foolish anger from time to time - and I think this image is my release of those emotions - or what it would look like if I did.

Looking at the contours of my face and the reaction of the water within the waterfall - it matches up quite nicely. Take a look at my left eye. Take a look how the water rushes down the bridge of my nose. And look at how the water encapsulates and traces the outside of my head. I just like how the composition looks as a whole. Hope you enjoy too, and aren't afraid - that's definitely not the intention :)

No comments:

Post a Comment